Sunday 4 May 2008

Bank holiday weekend pastimes

Just over four weeks ago, during the Easter holidays, I had a day off from working and doing chores. This weekend I'm having two days off. As it's Bank Holiday Monday tomorrow, I can do my marking then. I was going to do it today, but an excess of wine last night means that I'm watching "Frasier" re-runs in my pyjamas instead.

However, this sounds like fun too:

Teachers at a conference have jeered a minister after
she talked about league tables and tests in schools.
The flashpoint involving Children's Minister Beverley Hughes happened at the National Association of Head Teachers (NAHT) conference.
During a question-and-answer session, she said thought teaching was a great job, but was jeered again by a large proportion of the teachers in the hall.
The NAHT is currently holding its annual conference in Liverpool.


And Liverpool is the capital of culture, as well. Sounds very cultured.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think there were going to be jeers whether the conference was held in Liverpool or not.